wordpress designer

(7 Posts)
maggsthegreat Wed 16-Nov-16 14:42:15

Hi all. I've been freelancing under the radar for years and don't have a website. This needs to change as I want to start going for some new projects.

I'm doing a wordpress site to serve as a contacts page and showcase my portfolio. I don't expect to get work through it but need it to show prospective clients. It'll be updated with new pieces of work and a blog every few weeks or so.

I've signed up to Wordpress Premium (I don't want ads) and am doing it myself. However I don't want it to look crap (I'm not techy). My question is - if I do the basic site myself can I pay someone to make it look well, not shit. Web designers - do you offer this sort of service?
Any advice gratefully received.

YesOfCourseAlways Wed 16-Nov-16 17:21:45

DH is a designer (not a web designer) and he has tweeked a Wordpress site for a friend, I think it's fairly easy to do, there are lots of different themes and each one can be changed around to suit your needs. I'm sure it's the sort of thing web designers do all the time. Hope that helps!

olderthanyouthink Thu 17-Nov-16 08:40:33

I'm a web developer though I've not done any real freelance work before (I'm a bit like a rabbit in the headlights about the whole self employment thing)

Is that Wordpress.com you are using? I only work with Wordpress.org as you can't have bespoke themes in .com because that's what companies tend to use (although I think you can do some customisation it's not going to be near what you can do with .org). There are no ads in Wordpress.org unless you put them there.

What is it you want? What do you mean you'll do the basic site? You'll do the content stuff and the designer/developer would customise the look for you?

Valeksandrova Sat 11-Mar-17 14:06:21

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Valeksandrova Sat 11-Mar-17 14:11:04

GrumpyOldBag Sat 11-Mar-17 16:17:33

ZOMBIE THREAD

raqeeb Sun 12-Mar-17 15:49:19

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now