Talk

Advanced search

Accountability partnerships: anyone interested?

(4 Posts)
onwardsandupwardss Tue 27-Sep-16 17:52:22

Hi all, I'm a freelancer and heard about this recently. Basically pairing up with another freelancer/ small business owner and encouraging/ motivating/ holding one another accountable in whatever way works best for you. I know that I miss this aspect of office work - basically just having the aspect of accountability to someone asides from myself (and clients of course) and checking in with updates. Would anyone be interested in this? Also, does anyone have any experience of anything similar themselves? Would be interested to hear people's thoughts!

MrsMargoLeadbetter Tue 27-Sep-16 18:56:09

Hello

I have had something similar with two MNtters arranged via this board over the board. We were similar (marketing) which I think helped. I sought their support for all the reasons you gave. On Monday am's I sometimes just want someone to chat to!

I think the challenge is finding the time, to understand each other businesses enough. And often the time you need support isn't when a call is scheduled!

But potentially interested in something similar....

What do you do?

onwardsandupwardss Tue 27-Sep-16 20:10:22

Hi MrsMargo! Thanks for the response - much appreciated!

Funnily enough I work in Marketing too grin

For myself I'm not looking for extensive support - more just someone to check in with and see how we're both or all getting on. Am thinking even a facebook chat group or something similar might be good.

Would be interested to hear more about what you're doing at the moment!

And yes, same here - never thought I'd say it, but on a Monday morning I am tending to miss the office catch up smile

FeedMeAndTellMeImPretty Tue 27-Sep-16 20:42:13

I'd be up for joining a group on FB or as my work is quite identifiable i would have to name change to post about it on here!

I enjoy working at home, I'm an introvert and need my own space. I've only ever worked in an office for a couple of months when I was younger and hated it! But I do enjoy chatting with people about my work and would love to hear what marketing people would think of my business!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now