Talk

Advanced search

anyone worked in bedding/textiles?

(6 Posts)
pincie44 Mon 12-Sep-16 16:46:57

Hi Mums, I am looking for anyone who has worked in the bedding industry, with knowledge (even basic would do) of the relevant industry legislation (UK) and, in fact, any knowledge about anything industry related.

I have designed a bedding product and am still trying to get it to market and have hit a few areas I am stuck with. Could really do with some insider help!

many thanks - hope you're out there!!
xx

justatoe1 Tue 13-Sep-16 12:33:15

Previously developed a textile product....I rang Trading Standards and they were helpful as I kept coming across a lot of myths about what I needed. When we sold through supermarkets a whole new range of testing came into play but the standards were made clear by them after initial chat.
Good luck & go for it!

pincie44 Tue 13-Sep-16 12:45:40

Hey, that's really helpful, thank you.had a complete mare this morning with all the regs and I just can't understand what I have to do legally or just 'good practice'. Cheers

pincie44 Tue 13-Sep-16 12:46:13

Oh and what was your product??? Intrigued

justatoe1 Tue 13-Sep-16 14:58:36

Washable nappies...so had several angles to cover. It was hard to get exact information, but once I did it was all straightforward.

pincie44 Tue 13-Sep-16 15:40:02

brilliant, I shall call them tomorrow morning. Wish me luck! So far it seems most people don't actually want to commit to giving any info in case they incriminate themselves in any way. So, fingers crossed I get a helpful person ! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now