Talk

Advanced search

working from home

(7 Posts)
smudgedlipstick Wed 15-Jun-16 14:25:49

Any of you ladies work from home? What do you do? I am a business administrator and am looking for how I can do this at home, or something similar

georgesmith01 Mon 15-Aug-16 18:52:08

Hey Smudgedlipstick !

Just wandering if anyone has replied to you about this subject.? I am a new startup looking for a VA, business admin and thought mums net might be a good way to find someone with experience looking for flexible working.

Anyhoo. I'm about a month or approx away from needing someone and at the moment the work and rate wouldn't be great but would improve as the company starts to succeed. drop me a line if you are interested

jade1611 Wed 17-Aug-16 13:40:00

Hi Both, How are you?

I am also a self employed travel agent and I work from home. I just thought I'd say I know of someone wonderful VA's that maybe able to help you if you would like me to put you in touch with one I can do.

Unfortunately my business is not big enough to warrant needing one but maybe one day!

Anothernamechanger1 Wed 17-Aug-16 13:44:38

I would love to be a VA but there is nothing out there for some reason. Plenty of people advertise themselves as being a VA but no work available. Could you give me a PM george if this is serious?

VA1983 Wed 17-Aug-16 18:52:38

Anothernamechanger1 where have you been looking for work? I am a VA and always find plenty of work out there to keep me busy.

Anothernamechanger1 Wed 17-Aug-16 19:04:30

Really?! On the local job pages, indeed, gum tree etc... Where do you find yours? If you don't mind me asking?

VA1983 Wed 17-Aug-16 19:46:03

Oh I see are you looking to be employed by a company as a VA rather than be a self employed VA? You won't find many (or any at all) positions for a VA on jobs sites. I am a self employed VA and find clients by advertising, having a website, going to business networking events, having a Facebook page, Twitter, LinkedIn profile, a lot of my work comes from word of mouth now as I've been going for 5 years. When I'm quiet I also look on people per hour for work. Also I worked as a PA in real life before I set up on my own so had some contacts from that. If there's anything I can help you with let me know and I'll try my best to answer any questions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now