Talk

Advanced search

How do I say "Get lost" politely?!

(10 Posts)
dodobookends Tue 24-May-16 16:11:27

I have a business client who is refusing to listen to my professional advice, and is adamant that they are going to do what they want regardless of me explaining over and over why something needs to be done a certain way (finance-related). I've decided that they can get on with it, but I'm not sure how to word an email telling them to get stuffed politely saying that I will no longer be working for them. Advice please, thanks!

IceMaiden73 Tue 24-May-16 19:34:46

In what context are you working for them?

Is it worth losing the job over?

MardyGrave Tue 24-May-16 19:38:19

Id be very factual and clear, stating your differences of opinion and how you disagree professionally and wish to disassociate from any future actions he may take.

bloodyteenagers Tue 24-May-16 20:10:50

Dear twit
. I have explained several times that X has to be done. You insist on doing y. Clearly you don't need my professional services anymore, as you seem to have qualified in this field.
Enclosed is my final invoice.

dodobookends Tue 24-May-16 20:52:26

Only been doing a handful of hours every few weeks (mostly advisory and staff training) and then the VAT return once a quarter. Can easily drop them without missing the money and they already paid my last bill grin

I've done it now, and suggested that their accountants will be able to do everything instead and will charge them a fortune so cheerio then.

ABCAlwaysBeCunting Tue 24-May-16 21:01:02

What? Where are the pages of angst, making up increasingly bizarre excuses and in the end deciding to ignore everyone and carry on regardless?? MN has changed, man. grin

dodobookends Tue 24-May-16 21:04:14

bloodyteenagers that's pretty much what I wanted to say! Ah well, they'll find out soon enough that they know sod all though grin

IrenetheQuaint Tue 24-May-16 21:06:32

If I was feeling nice I would said "I think our professional relationship has run its course".

dodobookends Tue 24-May-16 21:07:33

ABC - haha, wink why do you think I posted this in 'freelance' instead of AIBU?

<goes off to celebrate having successfully removed thorn from side>

dodobookends Tue 24-May-16 21:08:44

Oh Irene, I wish I'd thought of that before I sent the email, that's brilliant.

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now