Help.. Need opinions

(5 Posts)
Ellefavours Sat 14-May-16 16:09:36

I
am writing on here to just ask your opinions about my new task in hand.
At present I am a stay at home mum with x 3 kiddies but I wish to contribute to our family home some more finance to help relieve the day to day pressure from my husband.
I have begun making favours, centrepieces and accessories and gifts (some personalised) for all special occasions . I have tried to provide items that would suit all budgets as I know how costly these occasions can be.
Would you please let me know if these items are something that could be considered or am I barking up the wrong tree (as the saying goes).

the 50 x 50 box frame is Bespoke with their own choice of wording made with Genuine Swarovski gems and rhinestones painstakingly done 1 by 1. @ a cost of £95.00 (do you feel this is too much ?)

the 2 nd pic is
glass favour ribbons and gems with Large lace candle @ a cost of £1.60 each with a choice of any colour theme. again what do you think ?

the 3rd pic
glass favour with genuine Swarovski and Rhinestone gems @ a cost of £1.80 each once again with their own choice of colour. ?

Am i on the right track or do you feel people would deem these items as expensive or not appropriate~?

NOT TRYING TO PROMOTE THEM TO YOU ALL JUST WANT TO KNOW IF I SHOULD CONTINUE AS CAN BE VERY COSTLY AND NOT TOO SURE IF THEY LOOK PROFESSIONAL ENOUGH

Thanks in advance x

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sat 14-May-16 16:19:05

Firstly, well done for considering ways to earn.

1. Sorry but SC or not, it doesn't look worth £95 worth to me. I'd consider cheaper materials personally, you'd have a wider market then. I would suggest only v good friends of the b & g would spend £95 and I think they'd want more to show for their money...

2. I got married ago 10 yrs ago, so I might not be yr ideal target and I don't know what wedding 'fashions' are in or not. This looks attractive and the price is reasonable....but I looked at it and imagined red wine dribbling down the glass and onto cream ribbon.

3. People take a glass home with them? Practically that could be tricky? It looks nice.

Maybe ask on the wedding section? Current brides-to-be will have a better idea of contemporary wedding favour fashions.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, just my thoughts.

Ellefavours Sat 14-May-16 22:21:39

I'm not sure if my response got back to u to tell you thank you I will definitely take on board what u r saying . I'll have to address things and do more research.
Ty have a lovely weekend

Not sure tbh I think there are a lot of small businesses like this around at the moment.

However, one thing I can say is that the price of that picture is base ridiculous! I could get an oil painting for that.

Honestly, I wouldn't pay any more than a maximum of £25 for the pic

*plain not base blush

Sorry if I've offended, just wanted to be straight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now