Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Business Ideas....

(4 Posts)
Amoire26 Sun 03-Apr-16 08:28:54

Please help! I am very passionate about starting up my own business that I can do from home and am willing to dedicate alot of time to it.... the only problem is I don't know what business to do!! I have been researching and researching but can not find the right thing. Everyone successful says to chose something you enjoy....
I love shopping, especially buying clothes for my kids so i was considering setting up an online children's clothing boutique but I am struggling to find clothes I actually like to sell....
I have an interest in health and am trained in Complementary therapy but don't know how I can use this to do a business from my laptop? I would love to advise people, help people find the advise and information they need but is this a business??
I am going mad, I need to start making some money but am absolutely stuck for ideas!!!
Please help!!

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Sun 03-Apr-16 19:58:25

I think 'do something you enjoy' is terrible advice. I like cooking but I'd hate catering for 100 people day in, day out -- so I don't have a cafe.

Do what you are good at and what people will pay for. The more niche the better. The complementary medicine is a good place to start, but it's hard to see how you could do this solely from home. Mind you, I would have said the same thing about diet, exercise and fitness but that's how the Body Coach started out...

InsufficientlyCaffeinated Wed 06-Apr-16 16:43:42

You need that intersection between something you can do, something you enjoy, and something that somebody else will pay for.

Solving your own problems is a good start.

brennigbee Thu 07-Apr-16 15:06:48

My advice would to definitely find something that interests you, otherwise it will be a struggle to sell or recommend anything. I started up my own business because I loved the products, so I would say that's a good starting point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now