Not Being Paid

(5 Posts)
BeauticianNotMagician81 Tue 01-Mar-16 16:16:28

I posted a while ago about the strange and rude lady I worked for.

I was working as a self employed beauty therapist within someone else's business. I kept a daily sheet of treatments and she was paying me weekly by cheque. Then after a period of four weeks no pay despite me asking continually. I sent her a text message asking when I would be paid as simple as that no nasty undertones and I certainly wasn't rude. She turned really funny and said I would be paid monthly now by cheque and that I could wait until the end of the month. She went on to delete me off the work Facebook page. No apparent reason for the attitude it all stemmed from my asking to be paid.

Roll forward a few days I went into work and said I would like my cheque and that I was leaving. She didn't utter a word just that I should have text. I said it was common decency to hand notice in to someone's face. She gave me my cheque and I paid it in on Friday.

Bit of a back story so as not to drip feed. The previous girl she worked with she sacked. She cancelled her cheque 3 times before finally paying her after the mother of the girl threatened legal action. This is why I decided to leave as obviously untrustworthy around money.

Today she has messaged me to say she has been at the bank all day due to fraudulent activity on her account and has therefore had to cancel my cheque. I messaged the hairdresser from the salon asking if she has been in today and she said she has been there all day. So I text her back saying funny that the hairdresser says you have been there all day. She replied with it all happened this morning. Now the salon opens at 9 which I'm pretty sure is the same time the bank opens. Something just doesn't ring true. She has gone on to say it may take 6 weeks to sort out.

How do I get my money. It's not a huge amount but not the point I worked for it. Added to this I'm pregnant. Luckily I've just decided to continue working as a mobile therapist so still earning but she doesn't know that and again beside the point.

LoopyLily Tue 01-Mar-16 16:20:35

Take her to a small claims court, I would text her and tell her that your taking legal action against her.

PermaShattered Tue 01-Mar-16 19:51:31

You have a straightforward legal claim here - read this:
www.sarginsonslaw.co.uk/Case-studies/159/Dishonoured___Cancelled__cheque.html
Just go see a solicitor and she will have to pay the costs of you formally claiming the amount of the cheque...

Quodlibet Tue 01-Mar-16 19:54:18

Yep do that. I'd have absolutely no qualms about letting your clients know how she runs her 'business' too. What a bitch!

BeauticianNotMagician81 Tue 01-Mar-16 21:19:44

Thank you so would I just be best to go straight to a solicitor as I was going to apply online. I googled small claims court and a link came up for something called the money claim online. It's £35 to process.

I fully intend on writing on her business page and telling everyone I can in our small town about her failure to pay her staff .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now