Talk

Advanced search

I have a niche, how do I establish a name for myself? Creative business.

(4 Posts)
Aramynta Sun 28-Feb-16 18:27:02

I'm a real creative type and I am always trying out new things, techniques and creating art and crafts in my own home. In the past couple of days I have stumbled completely by chance across an unoccupied niche that I would love to utilise and make a business from.

However, the business side of things is where I stumble a bit. Previously, I was selling some paper-cutting pieces as I absolutely loved it and there was a gap in the market here. I was just establishing myself when someone else came in and hugely undercut me (I was using really good quality materials) and in the end practically ripped off some of my work hmm

How can I establish myself with a solid reputation and prevent this happening again? I don't know much about copyright and what it covers (and I don't think it would cover the design type, just the content) so I am unsure of how to enforce the rules if it were to happen again.

Quoteunquote Sun 28-Feb-16 21:12:14

It's very hard to protect a product, try to make product and company the best to access.

Have a name that holds the market.

ijustwannadance Sun 28-Feb-16 21:19:41

The issue is that as soon as you start putting stuff out there, all the facebook/pinterest crafters will be all over it unless it requires a specific talent you are amazing at.

MeDownSouth Mon 18-Apr-16 14:36:05

Have a look at something like www.acid.uk.com/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now