Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Working from home

(12 Posts)
Jtrice05 Mon 01-Feb-16 16:41:55

Hi all!

I am currently doing some transcribing for a company but not receiving much at the moment. Do any of you know of any other good places to get freelance transcribing? I'm on people per hour but finding it difficult to get any work.

Also wondering what other roles there are available for working from home? I have administration experience in education, immigration and compliance as well as audio typing.

Thank you in advance
Jess

stevepritchett Mon 01-Feb-16 16:54:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TamaraLamara Mon 01-Feb-16 17:53:25

Steve, the fact that you're not prepared to say what the business is speak volumes hmm

It's M-L-M bollocks, isn't it? You certainly write with the glazed-over, faux enthusiasm of a brain-washed bot.

TamaraLamara Mon 01-Feb-16 17:54:05

Oh good, he's been zapped! Nice work, MNHQ smile

stevepritchett Mon 01-Feb-16 17:56:04

censorship at its best

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Mon 01-Feb-16 17:57:32

On another thread he started telling us that the only reason we weren't interested is that we are all Glammy mummies who don't need a second job to afford our cafe meetups.

Charmer!

OP do you absolutely have to work from home? I only mention as a friend of mine works in transcribing and she was working from the businesses office for a good few years before they allowed her to work from home.

PurpleDaisies Mon 01-Feb-16 17:57:53

MNHQ at their best. grin

ChammyIRL Mon 01-Feb-16 18:50:02

I have a few things listed on my blog that I do, some of them make more than others.

Places like Leapforce, Appen and Lionbridge pay an hourly rate. There is text question and answer services, surveys, website evaluation, mystery shopping, direct sales and matched betting.

www.chammyirl.co.uk/money-makingsaving/working-from-home-and-online/ (as long as it's ok here)

Hope this helps smile

Preeyamistry Mon 01-Feb-16 20:44:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TamaraLamara Mon 01-Feb-16 20:50:12

Nice try, Freya

It's MLM, isn't it? Come on, have the guts to say what is actually is.

What with the bot invasion today?! angry

TamaraLamara Mon 01-Feb-16 20:51:25

/*Preeya*, that should be.

sportinguista Tue 02-Feb-16 06:38:55

PPH does take a while to get going, I do it. There are other freelance sites such as upwork and there is a new UK based freelance site called freelance network but that is in early days yet.

Have you tried to see if there are agencies in your area that do contract work? Another idea is networking events as these often can provide connections.

It's difficult for me to comment on the transcribing business as I am in design but from my own experience it does take a bit of time to get going. There are quite a few sites that give advice on becoming and growing as a freelancer. I would definitely not bother with the pyramid schemes they are not a business idea that is going to ever make you any money!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now