Advanced search

Self employed and state benefit sick pay

(6 Posts)
AlpacaLypse Sat 09-Jan-16 11:42:14

I suspect there isn't any... but if anyone who's self employed has found out to the contrary I'd love to know!

I'm going to have to take a minimum of six weeks off to recover after surgery in a few weeks. I've known this was coming for about two months and have been scrimping and saving towards it, so long as there aren't complications I won't go under.

Are there any benefits I should be looking to claim temporarily?

I have done a bit of a trawl with Google, but haven't spotted anything helpful.


Emmathebookkeeper Sat 09-Jan-16 13:35:01

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Emmathebookkeeper Mon 11-Jan-16 19:47:13


You could apply for employment and support allowance (ESA)

Here is the link:

AlpacaLypse Wed 13-Jan-16 15:38:03

Thanks Emma, I'll look into it.

I wonder what on earth you must have posted earlier to get it deleted!

Emmathebookkeeper Wed 13-Jan-16 16:35:22

My website link sad

AlpacaLypse Thu 14-Jan-16 10:40:51

Aha - they probably thought you were advertising! I think we're meant to pay for that on here. Anyway thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now