Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any transcribers out there?

(4 Posts)
LionWings Fri 17-Jul-15 09:48:51

I've recently started doing some transcribing at home and wondered if there was anyone else out there doing the same.

I've got a legal background but was never the fastest typist maybe 70-80wpm. Am having trouble making it pay very well!

Part of the problem is it's through a company and so she takes her cut and her rates seem to be 30% under what else I've found online. Also get no feedback about how much I'm putting in with regard to yeahs etc so I might be doing too much. She just says oh your work is great or something like that.

I am a bit of a perfectionist so usually run through the tape again quickly especially if it's a group so that doesn't help.

I don't have many options for part time work so at times think I just have to stick with it it but other times it's pretty demoralising working for so little. Sending my cv to other agencies is a possibility but then I'd actually feel bad about that.

Anyone else doing similar but made it work for them?

Tia

LionWings Fri 17-Jul-15 09:49:39

Or just want to whinge together smile

OhHowILoveMyPuppies Fri 17-Jul-15 09:52:51

Nothing useful to add...am just starting to look for transcription / proofreading jobs myself, so am watching this with interest.

LionWings Fri 17-Jul-15 09:56:49

Nice to have the company grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now