Talk

Advanced search

Facebook page for female gardeners.

(5 Posts)
mar33 Mon 15-Jun-15 14:31:28

I have just started up my own gardening business. I have worked in Horticulture for over 20 years so I'm not new to this type of work.

I would like to set up an FB page for female gardeners and I was wondering if anyone would be interested ?

I would like to discuss the best tools and clothing that are available. How people market themselves and what is the best way to complete certain jobs.

Thank you

MrsLeighHalfpenny Mon 15-Jun-15 14:35:50

In these days of emancipation, equality, equal rights and lack of discrimination, I don't think you ought to have a female only FB page. Everything you've said you want to discuss applies to men as well as wome.

Grumpyoldblonde Mon 15-Jun-15 15:25:35

It is very easy to set up a FB business page, and the pp poster is correct, why make it female only? I have a FB business page and post items connected to the work I do and the odd light-hearted post to keep people interested and have had a fair few enquiries too. Just set it up, invite any of your gardening friends to follow your page and ask them to share, maybe join your local FB business group (I belong to 5) and you will soon find out about networking events in you area. There are Facebook groups for any subject you care to name, it will take you moments to organise. and you can toggle between your business page and personal page with ease. You can also add your LinkedIn URL to a FB page and your own website if you have one. If you get stuck I will be pleased to help you

mar33 Mon 15-Jun-15 18:38:06

Thanks for all the information. It's really helpful. I will have a more detailed search on FB. I have my own website and FB business page so I will link it to my Linkedin as well which I hadn't thought of doing. Thanks for the offer of help grumpyoldblonde if I get stuck I will ask for some advice.

Grumpyoldblonde Mon 15-Jun-15 18:47:36

No problem, you can change your linkedin url very easily to include your name at the end, if you get stuck just holler! like I said though very simple.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now