Talk

Advanced search

Freelancing and pregnant

(3 Posts)
Esssss Fri 12-Jun-15 17:57:03

Hi all, I went back to work in a freelance capacity after Christmas, I have luckily had lots of work up until now all working for the same employer. I am now in the early stages of my second pregnancy. I have done the online calculator thing and I believe I am entitled to maternity allowance as long as I keep working. However, I have no work lined up for the summer and am starting to feel a bit panicked. I am wondering if i should be applying for jobs but I feel like this would be somewhat dishonest seeing as I'll be leaving them on maternity leave. What should I do? Keep plugging away with freelancing or get any old job knowing I will only be there for a short-ish amount of time.

Esssss Fri 12-Jun-15 17:59:47

I should also add that I pay tax through my employer so technically I guess that makes me a "worker" rather than a freelancer? Also, I had been working for the same company for 4 years on rolling 6 month fixed term contracts before I got pregnant. When I got pregnant with my first they decided not to renew my contract �� I got some maternity pay but I do not feel loyalty to this company as I don't feel like I was very well looked after.

PrimalLass Sat 13-Jun-15 09:14:39

I would try and get some more freelance work in, or a fixed-term contract.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now