Digital packages for newsletters & social media

(4 Posts)
OrangeSunset Mon 25-May-15 20:33:35

Not strictly freelance related, but work for a small business and we need to start doing newsletters (employee and suppliers) and thinking about developing infographics too for sharing on social media.

I'm a powerpoint girl, but that's about it. Back in the day, I know colleagues used Dreamweaver for staff newsletters.

Are there any good packages which are widely used, and for which I can attend training courses, for digital production of newsletters etc?

Total novice but willing to learn. Thank you!

MrsMargoLeadbetter Mon 25-May-15 21:44:51

I like Mailchimp for e-newsletters. I use a designer to amend the template and then I use it & reuse it.

It is v user friendly. It probably wouldn't cost much to have the template amended - rather than you learn it. Think it is HTML.

It is free/cheap depending on the size of yr mailing list.

I also know a few people who have started using Canva as an alternative to full on design packages. Again it is free/cheap.

And Piktochart is a free/cheap infographic package.

Having said all this, if you need to produce various design items then it might be better to learn a 'proper' package which would skill you up. I think the designers I work with use Indesign.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along.

Good luck.

KanyesVest Tue 02-Jun-15 14:31:41

I use Mailchimp for ezines and updates. I have used InDesign, but now use Scribus. Scribus is open source (so free) and no more difficult/cumbersome than InDesign to use. I'm self taught on it, and find it fine. (I'm not a designer though, just someone who does some desktop publishing)

OrangeSunset Wed 03-Jun-15 14:27:01

Thank you, i'll investigate those

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now