Talk

Advanced search

Address of tax office where I am registered?

(5 Posts)
RattieofCatan Tue 10-Feb-15 19:03:38

I know that this probably sounds ridiculous, but to get paid for a job I have done I need to provide this (along with my UTR and NI number), obviously the latter two I know but I have nothing on anything I have been sent stating that I am registered to a particular tax office. Would this just be my local tax office? confused

TheCatAteMyTaxReturn Tue 10-Feb-15 19:10:10

HMRC don't have local F2F contact centres anymore.

Any queries regarding your UTR and NINO would go here, by post

Room BP1001
Benton Park View
Longbenton
NE98 1ZZ

HMRC would rather you went online or used the phone to contact them, but that doesn't suit everyone.

RattieofCatan Tue 10-Feb-15 19:33:39

That's the address on some of my papers, the other Self Assessment, PO Box 1000 NE98 1WY. So basically my local council wants outdated information and won't process my payment until I can give them info that I don't have. hmm I'll be spending my lunch break on the phone to my contact there no doubt!
I registered online and whilst I've chatted to the local office on the phone, everything regarding my self-employment has been done online or via my accountant (who has also done it online grin)

Thank you for the information!

TheCatAteMyTaxReturn Tue 10-Feb-15 20:17:59

Chances are 'your local tax office' does work completely unrelated to what you were asking for, and will have put you through to the National Advice Service (0300 200 3600), unless it's VAT-related.

RattieofCatan Tue 10-Feb-15 21:16:35

It was self-employed vs employed status related IIRC and I spoke to a generic tax line who then put me through to "my local office", I never quite understood why my local office owuld have been the best to speak to regarding that though so it wouldn't surprise me if I was diverted elsewhere!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: