Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on website designs please- what's 'in'?

(3 Posts)
websitewoman Fri 06-Feb-15 15:40:33

I'm re-jigging my website and am using Weebly. I'm happy with what I've done so far but want to pick your brains on the 'fashion' for designs.
I've noticed that a lot of new sites don't have a 'box' or border round the page- they go straight across the screen. My website is for professional services ( therapy type thing) so I don't have loads of images, no order forms or anything- just a simple set of 6 pages and a contact form.

I've gone for a minimalist design but it looks to me a bit odd not having borders round the text.

Comments?

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sun 08-Feb-15 08:57:56

I am re-doing my site (marketing freelancer) and have looked around.

The 'thing' seems to be a large image across the top and then large boxes below. Minimal menu items too. Like this theme http://themeforest.net/item/strap-wordpress-theme/7984177

Think simple with large images...

I am not a web designer but hopefully the above makes sense.

Good luck.

yogamum78 Sun 08-Feb-15 21:47:59

Hello Websitewoman. I'm a graphic designer who's designed some websites, and I'd say yes, full screen images are more of the 'trend' and the wordpress theme that MrsMargo suggested is good if you have lots of lovely imagery. Really, though you should go with whatever design you think your audience would respond to the best. A lot of those sites with imagery that sits at 100% the width of your screen (i.e. no borders) is done that way to maximize it's screen space when seen on mobile or tablet views.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: