Talk

Advanced search

charging for travel

(3 Posts)
macdaddydoodah Fri 23-Jan-15 21:26:29

I am self employed, but mainly work for one client. Most of the work is at home, but I occasionally in work premises and I visit regularly in car to pick up supplies. I also work at events for this client.

I don't charge for the non-event travel (although I think I can claim 45p/mile in tax return for this?)

Am I ok to charge for the event travel and is 45p/mile reasonable? I obviously would not claim this on tax return.

The client would reimburse for train fare so am I right in thinking they should reimburse for car travel too (rather than me claiming it in next tax return).

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sun 25-Jan-15 08:14:11

What does your contract with them say? If they pay travel then mileage sounds fair. Is that what you mean?

Merguez Thu 29-Jan-15 20:45:03

The way I do it is I don't charge for travel to my client's office (only 35 minutes away) but if they want me to go somewhere else then i do charge mileage and time, if it is over half an hour's journey.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: