Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone sorted their own Wordpress site after it's set up?

(9 Posts)
Givenupontidying Fri 09-Jan-15 11:40:30

I am usually an advocate of paying someone who knows what they are doing to sort things like websites, but I have already paid a fair amount for my website and a couple of subsequent upgrades etc, so I was hoping to be able to do some things myself.

I do the updating and adding new information myself, but I want to remove a payment gateway (card payment system) from the site and leave it as just Paypal as the payment option as I find that none of my customers are put off by Paypal being the payment option, and so I don't see the point in paying the monthly fees for the card payment system.

Just wondered if anyone else has done this for themselves? I would normally just give it a shot, but I know so little about how websites work that I am nervous about doing anything drastic and mucking up the whole site.

Hamper Fri 09-Jan-15 11:45:41

It it a plug in?

Givenupontidying Fri 09-Jan-15 11:51:01

This is why I should pay someone. I know that I have plugins, but not what all of them do. Its woocommerce. I'll have a look and see if I can work it out from the dashboard.

Givenupontidying Fri 09-Jan-15 11:53:40

Yes there is a Woocommerce Cardsave Redirect Gateway.

MarthaS Fri 09-Jan-15 16:01:57

Hi this should be straightforward - have a look in Woocommerce-Settings-checkout and you will see a list of payment options. Click on "edit" on the option you want to disable and uncheck the "enable" box. If you have any trouble let me know and I could have a look for you.

Givenupontidying Fri 09-Jan-15 18:47:29

Ooh MarthaS - thanks - I did see a box that I could untick for enable. Should I then remove the plugin or does it not matter if it sits on the control panel? I will obviously have to cancel the payment gateway with the provider too, but is there anything else obvious that I should do? Seems so simple when you point that box out!

MarthaS Fri 09-Jan-15 19:47:26

I would just disable the plugin but not delete it as if you change your mind in the future you my have to buy it again if agency has the original files. Shouldn't need to do anything else - that option should just disappear from the heck out page. But let me know if any probs.

MarthaS Fri 09-Jan-15 19:58:12

*check out

Givenupontidying Mon 12-Jan-15 13:59:58

Thanks very much MarthaS - I'll give it a shot later this week, once I've cancelled it with the card company.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now