Advanced search

SA help - self-employed but have employee/PD11 type expenses

(2 Posts)
loopsngeorge Sun 04-Jan-15 14:02:44

Hi, I can't find the answer to this questions on the internet so am wondering whether anyone here could point me in the right direction. In the last tax year I worked for a language course company on a self-employed basis and had reimbursable expenses such as payments to tutors, train tickets for students etc. They were not part of my income in any way but were reimbursed in the same cheque as my fee payment (although itemised separately).

I don't understand whether I have to put these under my gross income, and then put the total figure for them in the expenses box, or whether these expenses just go through on the PD11 form that the company I worked for presumably has to fill in? It seems to me they are quite a separate issue from expenses I personally incur from working from home such as heating, equipment etc, but maybe I'm wrong? My actual income only amounts to about £8,000 so shouldn't be taxable anyway.
I would be very grateful for any advice!

TalkinPeace Sun 04-Jan-15 20:06:00

not an employee - no p11d

your total income is everything you were paid - fees, expenses, the lot
then you offset your costs to get your taxable profit

sounds like you were not really self employed but hey ho

have a look at this for more information

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now