Advanced search

Home Tutor Insurance

(7 Posts)
ReggieJones Tue 30-Dec-14 16:40:01

I'm looking into insurance for work as a private tutor. Lots of companies seem a bit unclear on their website about whether they cover this work and one company I phoned for a quote were unable to offer Personal accident cover. Does anyone have any experience of getting insurance for this type of work, any advice would be much appreciated

Supersusie Thu 01-Jan-15 21:32:09

What exactly are you wanting cover for?
Most people working with private clients want professional indemnity and public liability. Are you wanting to cover yourself and your home against damage, your clients against accidents in your home, or your professional expertise ( possibly being sued by parents)

You would need to be a qualified teacher (QTS) I'm pretty sure to be insured anyway . If you find pupils through an agency have you asked them for advice?

There is a company called Oxygen insurance which might help.

beanlovesb Thu 01-Jan-15 23:01:37

try towergate

Supersusie Fri 02-Jan-15 11:55:01

Towergate were always more ££ than Oxygen but you'd need to check if either would cover tutoring.

ReggieJones Fri 02-Jan-15 13:21:43

I've found a company that will offer professional indemnity and public liability insurance but not Personal accident cover. I looking for insurance that would cover me if I was insured at work.

Will have a look at Towergate and Oxygen

Supersusie Fri 02-Jan-15 18:22:56

what kind of accidents do you envisage? I know insurance can be useful but in the context of tutoring (in your own home or the pupils' ?) what would you be insuring against?

artforartsake Fri 02-Jan-15 20:31:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: