Talk

Advanced search

What can I give clients as a Christmas gift

(10 Posts)
newrecruit Fri 05-Dec-14 17:52:09

It's my first year in business and I'd like to give them something for Christmas, just as a token of my appreciation.

I thought a bottle of wine would do but where there are teams it doesn't seem fair.

I'd like them to be high quality rather than just a random box of Thorntons. What can I get that's fairly cheap but looks impressive!

dogrilla Fri 05-Dec-14 20:15:00

Watching with interest as want to do something similar. Like the Beverly Hill Bakery baskets or thought about getting cupcakes or cookies delivered but don't want to appear too arse-licky, so have come a full circle back to considering a jumbo box of chocs...

DefinitelyNOTthepootroll Fri 05-Dec-14 20:28:58

I really don't know, but if you go for chocs don't do thorntons, they're pretty nasty nowadays! I think Hotel chocolat chocolates are nice!

GingerSkin Fri 05-Dec-14 20:43:12

Box Krispy Creme donuts
Box of celebrations / heros etc

Depending on how big the Company is, they may pool the gifts in to a raffle or something to share them out fairly. It might be worth a chat with someone junior to see what's happening. Our Company (large) has quite a strict policy on gifts being received and kept by one or two people (ie buyers). As such we encourage food gifts that can be shared in the office and other gifts like wine or candles etc get pooled and raffled off.

I got a lovely Yankee candle set last year and had to pool it I did write the policy though so had to do my bit too wink

TalkinPeace Fri 05-Dec-14 21:44:39

Nope.
I have 85 clients
the buggers are lucky to get emails
cards went a few years back - linked to a fee raise discount grin

newrecruit Sat 06-Dec-14 10:18:19

Krispy kremes is a good shout for one of them.

And I feel less guilty about the others!

Merguez Sat 06-Dec-14 16:30:10

I was also wondering about this too …

I have a few clients, plus other people who have helped me out with introductions which have led to business for me who I feel I should show some appreciation to.

I am thinking bottle of champagne for individuals ...

TalkinPeace Sat 06-Dec-14 16:35:10

not tax deductible remember : gifts for clients are 'entertaining'
hence why I'm a tight wad grin

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sun 07-Dec-14 08:28:05

I had Christmas cards printed the first year as a freelancer. I was so excited to have my own brand etc!

I think it is nice to show appreciation. I think chocolates or food is good as it can be shared or put into a raffel if that is what happens in their office.

Wasn't planning to do anything this year, but might after reading this thread!

hellsbells99 Sun 07-Dec-14 08:32:53

Hotel chocolat always goes down well in our office!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now