Talk

Advanced search

Facebook management

(7 Posts)
BrunetteSmurfette Thu 27-Nov-14 09:44:04

I have been working for someone for awhile, this has involved admin and arranging diary etc. I have now been asked to manage this persons facebook account for their business and I'm a little scared of it. I'm not on Facebook myself so I'm just looking for some reassurance that it's not that hard and maybe some tips if anyone else does this kind of thing.

Thanks

TalkinPeace Thu 27-Nov-14 21:54:42

get onto fb
get used to it
then all will become clear

EssCee Thu 27-Nov-14 22:32:25

I use Facebook fairly prolifically on a personal basis and have a Facebook business page too. I'd say that managing Facebook for a business is quite different to a personal account. If it's just to keep their FB page updated, that's not too tricky... you can kind of learn as you go along on what works and what doesn't. Especially if their expectations are reasonable. I assume they are a small business?

The advertising side of things is much trickier though.

TalkinPeace Thu 27-Nov-14 22:40:54

FB adverts are actually a waste of time
but building visibility and presence is hard work (I manage a couple of business pages)

LadySybilLikesCake Thu 27-Nov-14 22:50:58

I do this (and other stuff). It is hard work but it depends on what the company wants you to do. If it's just an update every now and again, it's easy (there can be legal implications depending on what you're posting though, such as competitions so you need to be aware of this). If it's monitoring the comments, removing anything they don't like, monitoring traffic and engaging with posters, that's actually quite hard work. It's important that your company tell you exactly what they expect you to do.

BrunetteSmurfette Fri 28-Nov-14 10:36:09

Thanks for all the responses, the business is quite small and is like a lifestyle type business. A lot of the work is outsourced making the company look bigger than it is IYSWIM.

I think the expectation is two make 1-2 inspirational posts a day - as it's not my business and I've not done this before it's just abit confusing as to what kind of thing I should be posting. I have had a look at other businesses that are similar but it hasn't really helped much.

hopful Sun 30-Nov-14 23:06:02

Can I ask if you have to pay Facebook for business pages? I am starting a new business and plan to set up a Facebook page but a friend told me if it's for a business you have to pay for each post and if you set it up as a personal page Facebook will delete it. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now