Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone created an e-commerce shop with the help of ecommerce tutorial or any other free tool?

(9 Posts)
optimistikcolouristik Sun 19-Oct-14 23:48:51

Have found this website while looking for inexpensive ways of creating my first e-shop. www.ecommercetutorial.net/
I have also seen shopify and a few other e-commerce builders but they are so expensive.
How can you start up a business with no money to build your first e-commerce website? Any suggestions? I have heard that banks lend money for such things but I do not know how I would be able to calculate the profit. I would need to show them they will receive their money back. I am not knowledgeable in this field.
Thank you for any suggestions.

GoldenGoat Mon 20-Oct-14 09:35:04

Start small and gradually improve what you do as your business grows and your income grows. Big Cartel has a free version that you can use for a small number of products. It has a couple of templates to choose from and is incredibly easy to get started with. If you find that does well, increase to a paid plan or move to a platform you can get a customised design on but don't worry about those elements just yet, just focus on getting a small number of products on sale and some good content to describe them and really show them off.
Good luck

optimistikcolouristik Mon 20-Oct-14 22:23:34

Golden Goat, thank you. I will have a look at Big Cartel. The only thing with my idea is that I want customers to be able to have an account on my site and upload their images. I do not think I will be able to do it with Big Cartel. You needs space for it and that means you need a paid plan. I will need to think how to simplify my idea for a beginning.

HannahBroxson Tue 21-Oct-14 00:49:54

I bought my domain of go daddy for literally £2.99 or something low cost for 12month and use create.net as a host to my e-commence shop. Easy to navigate and use. Believe it's around £9 pm or something which is pennies. Can create customer log ins on registrstion or can check out as guest. Hams intergrated payment systems such as the popular PayPal. Also a 30day free trial just to play About with. Won't go live though until you start paying or add your domain too. Very helpful both create and go daddy. Believe you can buy your domain through create.net too

optimistikcolouristik Tue 21-Oct-14 11:24:39

Thank you Hanna. I will definitely look at create.net. I am sure I will find the answers smile

HannahBroxson Wed 22-Oct-14 02:27:33

No problem x

MarthaS Sun 09-Nov-14 15:23:06

Wordpress (which is mentioned in the eCommerce tutorial website) may be a good idea. It is free and lots of hosting providers have a one-click install feature so you don't have to mess about with databases etc. It is really intuitive to use and has loads of free templates. For eCommerce you would use a plugin called Woocommerce (also free and very easy to add) and there are other plugins which would allow users to submit images. If you need any help or advice feel free to ask!

optimistikcolouristik Mon 17-Nov-14 22:19:04

Thank you MarthaS. I have just seen your post and it is very much appreciated as I luck knowledge in this field.

optimistikcolouristik Mon 17-Nov-14 22:20:24

"lack" not "luck"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now