Advanced search

Artists, Performers, Musicians etc - what admin do you need doing?

(3 Posts)
Witchazel Wed 12-Mar-14 10:37:00

This goes with my other post / dilemma...

I'm trying to work out if I can set up a business as a freelance Arts Administrator, working for various Artists, Performers, Musicians etc.

Can you tell me:

What sort of admin do you need doing?
Would you / do you pay someone to do your admin?
How many hours work approx a month?
Do you use Mac or PC?
Any other advice / info?


Punkatheart Mon 17-Mar-14 10:05:30

I don't think there is a call for this. Successful artists will have an agent. Most will also have an accountant. That covers all bases.

shemademedoit Sat 22-Mar-14 08:16:34

Most musicians use a diary service. Our freelance gigs are booked through agents. Perhaps you could look through work via them? Otherwise, look for amateur or semi-pro groups that need administrators. Pay isn't brilliant, but it's usually pro rata, and very flexible.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: