Talk

Advanced search

Selling my business?

(3 Posts)
lilypink1977 Tue 11-Mar-14 13:04:41

Hi there I wondered if anyone can help? Over the last 3 years I've set up a really succesful cake decorating business (allbeit part time too!) but sadly have made the decision to close to spend time with the kiddiwinkles so I'm thinking rather than just close a really successful business to offer it for sale, including website, database of contacts, stock the lot - can anyone tell me how I go about this? Do I need to involve solicitors? How would I value the business?

Many thanks in anticipation!

antimatter Wed 12-Mar-14 02:17:09

I haven't got much to add but am wondering if you are prepared to sell your recipes and teach person who would buy it off you as well? I guess then you would charge for that. perhaps optional post-sale support as well.

lilypink1977 Wed 12-Mar-14 06:32:47

I'd be happy to offer support but guessing they'd need to be pretty competent in terms of recipes etc for the business to continue to be successful?!

I was thinking as part of the "package" to offer a 2 he meeting to discuss everything.

Thanks for your help :0)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now