Advanced search

business at home - home and contents insurance

(3 Posts)
IsletsOfLangerhans Wed 19-Feb-14 13:08:17

Hello. Hoping I can get a few tips here! I work as a private tutor and have students coming to my home for tuition. I have public liability insurance in place, but in the past I've had problems getting home and contents insurance. A lot of the big providers will not cover you if running a business at home 'with visitors'. I've used a broker in the past and last year I found that the Co-operative bank does cover tutors and took a policy with them. However, my renewal has just come in with a silly premium.

Does anyone else know any other companies who will provide home insurance on this basis? Or do I just need to revert to using a broker?

Thanks in advance!

Punkatheart Wed 19-Feb-14 15:42:43

Go to Which - the consumer site. Pay your £1 and check out the best insurers and what they cover. It is well worth doing. I use Which for every appliance, service or bit of insurance I buy.

IsletsOfLangerhans Wed 19-Feb-14 17:18:52

Hadn't thought of that - thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: