Talk

Advanced search

How to write a marketing plan

(5 Posts)
hamsternumber1 Fri 24-May-13 11:20:05

I'm doing some consultancy work for someone and they have asked me to come up with a marketing plan.

I'm OK with the basic ideas (although I'm not a marketer) but I don't know what format they are expecting it in.

Is there a standard way of writing them? Or shall I just write the things in my head!

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 24-May-13 13:52:01

Hi

I do marketing. I'd probably do a strategy word doc - what are they trying to achieve, who are their audience, what is their product/service and how will you measure success. Then I'd do a tactical plan in excel, so the what and when (direct marketing, social media etc). Make it easy to follow if they are carrying it out themselves.

There are lots of egs on the internet, so I'd have a look at a few and build your template. I love what hubspot do. http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/6324/Free-eBook-Building-the-Marketing-Plan-A-Blueprint-for-Start-ups.aspx

HTH. Good luck.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 24-May-13 13:52:28

Sorry with link

Hi

I do marketing. I'd probably do a strategy word doc - what are they trying to achieve, who are their audience, what is their product/service and how will you measure success. Then I'd do a tactical plan in excel, so the what and when (direct marketing, social media etc). Make it easy to follow if they are carrying it out themselves.

There are lots of egs on the internet, so I'd have a look at a few and build your template. I love what hubspot do. blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/6324/Free-eBook-Building-the-Marketing-Plan-A-Blueprint-for-Start-ups.aspx

HTH. Good luck.

hamsternumber1 Fri 24-May-13 14:27:24

That is a great link! Thank you!

I love Mumsnet grin

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 24-May-13 15:08:19

No worries. Good luck.

Sorry for my grammar in my post, advanced baby brain!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now