Talk

Advanced search

MA and KIT days for the self-employed.

(7 Posts)
badguider Tue 21-May-13 17:53:13

Anybody claimed MA and taken KIT days lately? I found this zombie thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/1002476-to-expect-the-job-centre-who-administeres-Maternity-Allowance-to/AllOnOnePage
and wondered if the situation was still the same?

I know roughly when I hope my KIT days will be (about one a week) and when I run out of them I will just stop claiming MA (as even working one day a week is more than MA).... but is it true that I don't have to tell them my KIT days till the end when I stop cliaming?

The MA1 claim form with it's you MUST tell the jobcentre if you do any KIT days has got me scared but I can't find anywhere to tell the jobcentre and don't know where an actual physical one is near me.

Just marking place as I never took my kit days but am interested in the answer for next time in an academic way

MrAnchovy Wed 22-May-13 13:44:53

Never a good idea to ask technical questions in AIBU (or Chat) - this part of the answer is wrong "If I take money from a client then that is a KIT day" (although no doubt that is what the DWP member of staff said).

KIT days are days on which you WORK, and yes you do have to notify DWP as soon as you can. You can find a telephone number for your local Job Centre here.

badguider Thu 23-May-13 14:01:45

Thanks MrAnchovy.

When I start taking KIT days it will be one a week. So do I have to phone them each week and report the days one at a time?

Talkinpeace Thu 23-May-13 22:07:06

I just billed all my work the day after my MA money ran out.

MrAnchovy Fri 24-May-13 00:37:15

"So do I have to phone them each week and report the days one at a time?"

Yes in theory, although if you ask them about this when you phone them the first time they will probably say don't bother. Make sure you take a note of the date and time of the conversation and the name of the person you speak to.

badguider Fri 24-May-13 08:11:16

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now