Advanced search

House insurance to cover clerical use and visitors advice.

(1 Post)
professorpoopsnagle Wed 20-Feb-13 15:24:29

I've been working as a private tutor for just over a year and ATM I visit tutees in their homes. I'm considering switching to having students come to me, in the hope that I might be able to reduce my travelling time and increase my tutoring time, thus incraesing revenue as well as making life a little more easier for me. One of the things I need to consider is home insurance, so that it covers business visitors. A quick comparison on suggests only one provider able to do this with a premium increase of £100/year.

I'd like to try and get a few more quotes, does anyone have suggestions of where they have their cover?

Can I deduct the whole of the premium increase (i.e. £100) as a tax allowance? I ran 2 searches, one with current requirements and one with clerical visitors, so that is the 'business cost' if you like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now