Advanced search

Public Liability insurance and self assessment

(4 Posts)
mrs2cats Mon 14-Jan-13 13:22:18

I'm a self employed languages tutor and just filling in my first self assessment as a self employed person.

I run sessions in community halls as well as after school clubs and I have public liability insurance as well as professional indemnity insurance.

Just wondering whether public liability insurance is an allowable expense and which box it goes in. I can see that a professional indemnity insurance premium seems to be allowed under Accountancy, legal and other professional fees of Business Expenses but I can't see anything that refers to public liability insurance.


MrAnchovy Mon 14-Jan-13 13:38:20

Yes of course it is. You don't have to analyse your allowable expenses if your turnover is less than £72,000, just put in the total.

mrs2cats Mon 14-Jan-13 13:49:05

Thanks for confirming that MrAnchovy.

Yes, I was wondering about just putting in the total but I do like filling in boxes grin. However, I think I'm just making it harder for myself and I'll do the total.

Debbie756 Fri 18-Jan-13 10:37:27


Sorry to hi-jack your thread but saw the subject and just wanted to ask where you get your Public Liability Insurance from?

I'm a Private Tutor (Maths) currently searching around for a quote and found a decent looking price of £55 for the year for £1million cover but its from a broker I've not heard of before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now