Talk

Advanced search

Self Assessment - confused, please help!

(2 Posts)
ojbsmum Mon 07-Jan-13 20:30:29

This is my second tax return - I should have figured out what I'm doing but as I take/make so little money I guess I've not really worried about this or paid as much attention to my books as I should. (Lesson learned - will be getting a bookkeeper or accountant involved for next year. Will be asking for advice on finding one soon!)
so, for now-
I am including my self employment information plus income from a part time job.
The worksheet tool has automatically put in the total losses from this year's self employment in the 'total loss to carry forward' box.
Then later it says 'You have said that you made income tax losses in the tax year 2011-12' and I have to enter some information. Is this the same thing and therefore the same amount or something different, maybe from my paid job, that I'm totally clueless about?
No idea what to put and just want to get the damn thing done!

NeverQuiteSure Tue 08-Jan-13 16:53:19

It's been 2 years since I have had to complete one of these infernal forms, but if you phone them up they are very helpful.

You may or may not need to declare your part time job, it's worth checking with them. You don't want it counted twice!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: