Talk

Advanced search

London: book-keeper/pa for a very small company - pay question

(2 Posts)
Mintyy Tue 09-Oct-12 19:02:04

What do you think is a sensible hourly rate of pay for someone who will do about 10-15 hours work per week but have a high level of responsibility/confidentiality?

Tia

Mintyy

MrsMargoLeadbetter Thu 11-Oct-12 10:44:29

Hi

An experienced bookeeper is probably different to a PA? But I appreciate you might want to combine both activities within the one post being a small co.

If you are looking to pay somebody a salary I would have thought £25-£35k gross pro rata would get you somebody with a bit of experience. You can pay less, but it might limit who would apply. I think the hours will make a difference too, if you need them in everyday that is c£7 a day tube fair (as an eg) that they need to cover from the income.

If you are looking to outsource to a self-employed type I would have thought the rate would be around £20 - £35 an hour.

This website is good for part-time roles many of which are based in London to give you an idea - www.timewisejobs.co.uk/

You could also try www.peopleperhour.com for self-employed people.

HTH

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now