Talk

Advanced search

Urgent! Please help price this job

(3 Posts)
Lowla Tue 02-Oct-12 00:22:37

I've recently set up as a domestic cleaner. Today i received my first regular enquiry. And it's a biggie! A lady wants an estimate of how much i would charge to clean her five bedroom house on a weekly basis. She has said I'm able to visit first if i wish.

Now.

I have specifically stated in all my advertisements that I can only work in my local surrounding towns. Unfortunately, this lady's house is slightly outwith this circle. I don't drive so it would mean having to get on a train for half an hour, which would cost me £5 return ticket.

I want to say yes soooo badly because 1) this is my first potential customer! and 2) it's a big job.

I'm stil fairly new to all this and didn't expect to get landed with such a big house so soon. So to all you cleaners, or employers of cleaners, how many hours would i say it would take me to clean her house? I have an hourly rate of £8. Many thanks.

EdwardtheEagle Tue 02-Oct-12 08:58:58

I think £8 an hour is low - £10-12 Is average round here (Norfolk). I would imagine you could do a decent clean in 3 or 4 hours a week? Well done you!!

Bossybritches22 Tue 02-Oct-12 09:02:51

Charge £10 to include travelling. Charge for an hour on top of work hrs.

First visit allow 4 hrs but see what the house is like + adjust accordingly.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now