Talk

Advanced search

Urgent! Please help price this job

(3 Posts)
Lowla Tue 02-Oct-12 00:22:37

I've recently set up as a domestic cleaner. Today i received my first regular enquiry. And it's a biggie! A lady wants an estimate of how much i would charge to clean her five bedroom house on a weekly basis. She has said I'm able to visit first if i wish.

Now.

I have specifically stated in all my advertisements that I can only work in my local surrounding towns. Unfortunately, this lady's house is slightly outwith this circle. I don't drive so it would mean having to get on a train for half an hour, which would cost me £5 return ticket.

I want to say yes soooo badly because 1) this is my first potential customer! and 2) it's a big job.

I'm stil fairly new to all this and didn't expect to get landed with such a big house so soon. So to all you cleaners, or employers of cleaners, how many hours would i say it would take me to clean her house? I have an hourly rate of £8. Many thanks.

EdwardtheEagle Tue 02-Oct-12 08:58:58

I think £8 an hour is low - £10-12 Is average round here (Norfolk). I would imagine you could do a decent clean in 3 or 4 hours a week? Well done you!!

Bossybritches22 Tue 02-Oct-12 09:02:51

Charge £10 to include travelling. Charge for an hour on top of work hrs.

First visit allow 4 hrs but see what the house is like + adjust accordingly.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: