Talk

Advanced search

Party-plan type stuff, like Jamie Oliver at Home and Virgin Vie and all that...

(13 Posts)
FredWorms Wed 26-Sep-12 22:07:48

What is a typical rate of commision please?

FredWorms Wed 26-Sep-12 22:08:20

commission

tipp2chicago Wed 26-Sep-12 22:08:42

I think Jamie Oliver is 20%

FredWorms Wed 26-Sep-12 22:24:21

Thanks smile

TalkinPeace2 Fri 28-Sep-12 14:35:12

Remember that HMRC are hot on the heels of all of this income at the moment (regardless of what your recruiter might say ...)
www.hmrc.gov.uk/campaigns/dsc.htm

2madboys Sat 29-Sep-12 15:56:48

Phoenix Trading is 30% plust extra if you reach certain targets during a month. More also available if you build a team.

poppys2012 Tue 02-Oct-12 20:36:44

I am with Barefoot books and get 30% plus 15% in free gifts with each order

gussiegrips Fri 05-Oct-12 16:27:27

Do you always offer an incentive to the host?

I'm running physio pelvic floor parties - using comedy to teach women what they need to know to stop themselves from leaking when they laugh.

I get someone to host it and get half a dozen or so of her friends, do the blurb, teach them what they need to know, have a right good laugh, charge a tenner a head and sell whatever goods they want to buy.

But, someone asked me what incentive she would get? I don't have a range like Pampered Chef, I'm chiefly selling information and motivation rather than actual goods.

Anyone think that's acceptable? Or, should I just not charge the hostess the £10 fee?
TIA

Cubaba Wed 24-Oct-12 23:17:08

Gussiegrips - Most party plan companies offer some sort of incentive to the host although some might be dependent on a certain sales volume being reached. This means that if the sales are low, the host wouldn't get any discount or free gift. In your case, I'd suggest not charging the £10 to the host. Could be seen as a disincentive for someone to host the party.

With the company that I'm with (It Works!), the host gets a free wrap if she has 5 friends who pay to get wrapped that evening. This then acts as an incentive for the host.

gussiegrips Sat 27-Oct-12 00:33:04

Thanks, Cubaba - I'd not been charging the host, but it seems like a duff incentive. However, I'm not making lots of cash on re-selling, so will have to rely on selling the party experience as a positive thing.

Thanks for your hlep
x

emsadevil Sun 28-Oct-12 10:14:35

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Cubaba Mon 29-Oct-12 22:59:01

You're welcome gussiegrips. I think you're probably right.

moolvisa Sun 04-Nov-12 13:00:37

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now