Advanced search

What insurance do you have if you work from home?

(4 Posts)
twooter Sat 15-Oct-11 11:28:52

I work on a very very part-time, self employed basis, which involves going to people's houses. It would be a lot easier if the occasional client could come to my house, but i'm worried it would invalidate my home insurance if so, and I'm struggling to find insurers that do home insurance with a business. Can anyone help?

NappyShedSal Mon 17-Oct-11 21:20:45

I had "Work from home" insurance with NIG, organised through Swinton

twooter Mon 17-Oct-11 21:58:02

Thanks, I've finally found one with homeprotect - just hope it's an ok company, ad I've not heard of it before.

peachybums Wed 19-Oct-11 13:19:57

I have to have public liability and product liability but thats because i sell cosmetics i make to the public.

I used to work for a home insurance company, as long as you tell them you are working from home you should be ok. Under no circumstances will they cover you for anything you use for business use and they may not even cover you for theft if you have customers in your house (even if you get broken into through the night!) So double check this with them.

If you have never heard of a company find out who underwrites the policy, these are often big companies like aviva or swinton. Double check with them they are ligit. Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: