Talk

Advanced search

Tax Help please! accountant messed up.

(4 Posts)
MABS Wed 12-Oct-11 21:05:56

Very very briefly. went self employed in April 10 whilst also working for a company part time who paid me through paye. Employed accountant late March 2010, told him i working as well as self employed.
Sent him my self employed figures in June 2011 for my tax year til april 11, together with p45 and payslip from company i employed by (paye) until i left Dec 10.

Accountant sent me accounts, estimated tax bill £3000 ish in August this year, i had a question on something, now he told me today that my tax bill £1500 ish more!

He said he didn't know i was working for a company in tax year 10-11, lie!, so my tax return he submitted is wrong. He knew I was working, i told him, and he advised me on NI class 2 contributions rather that class 1. also i sent him p45 etc (i have email to prove) before he isssued final accounts to me.

I am very angry and very upset, am i wrong to be? anything i can do? Any advice much appreciated. thanks

MABS Thu 13-Oct-11 11:35:01

anyone?

TalkinPeace2 Thu 13-Oct-11 19:19:21

Go to the UK business forums
www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=fe597ff8bcaa8fb17efa0412da4588db&f=55
start a thread with the rough numbers and one of the wonderful people on there will sort you - they may even become your new accountant :-)

MABS Thu 13-Oct-11 21:54:48

thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now