Talk

Advanced search

Charging question

(6 Posts)
AgentProvocateur Fri 16-Sep-11 14:34:08

If you are asked to quote for a job (ie a daily rate), but it's at the other end of the country, do you include flights and accomm in your quote, or do you quote a daily rate + travel expenses?

AgentProvocateur Fri 16-Sep-11 16:00:22

Anyone? I need to propose a price by close of play today. [pleads]

corygal Fri 16-Sep-11 16:08:58

Ask the client what they want you to do & charge for, especially if it's pricy.

If in doubt, book second-class for what works out as the cheapest and fastest way to fulfill your duties. So if you're in a meeting at 8 am in Edinburgh & you start in Penzance, Easyjet; if it's Manchester at 11 and you leave from Fulham, train it. Show client, without boring them rigid, that you have come up with the cheapest but best way.

AgentProvocateur Fri 16-Sep-11 16:17:05

Thanks - it's not going to be the same day or location every week, and I won't know far enough in advance to get good rates. I guess I'll just quote it as "£x per day, plus travel expenses". Thanks

TalkinPeace2 Fri 16-Sep-11 16:45:36

that is what DH does - he goes ALL over the country, sometimes clocking up over 1200 miles a week
all days are worked out fee plus expenses - mileage plus night in hotel for any more than three hours away
and then quoted as a block price per day / two days / three days depending on the event
AND he charges more for London on a Friday because of the M3 coming home!

Helenagrace Sun 18-Sep-11 22:18:35

We gave London rates and rest of the country rates. We always include our expenses in our rate. The only exception is overseas travel. DH has threatened to double his rate for any future trips to the Isle of Man and Switzerland because they are so boring. If overseas travel is required we always travel flag carrier or at least not sleazyjet or ryanwhocares.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now