Talk

Advanced search

Nanny shares for freelancers

(5 Posts)
DaniMeredith Wed 31-Aug-11 12:59:48

Hi
I'm a freelance production manager based in Ealing. I work contracts so sometimes i work full time for 2 months then i can have a month off. Has anyone found flexible childcare like this? I'm finding it very difficult. I am actually already back at work and have yet to find a solution. Does anyone in a similar situation have a nanny share?

TalkinPeace2 Fri 02-Sep-11 20:41:36

I had a "casual" agreement with my wonderful childminder - based on 3 days notice - worked a treat : she and I scheduled our work around each other

joshandjamie Tue 06-Sep-11 10:47:00

not sure if it's too far for you but www.third-door.com is based in wandsworth and they offer flexible childcare. It's a proper nursery (with offices for parents to work from on site) but you don't have to work there, you can just use the nursery if you like and you use it on a pay as you go basis.

spacetraveler Fri 09-Sep-11 08:55:45

I feel your pain. I have a couple of part time nannies that I rotate they are all between proper jobs at the moment found them on findababysitter.com

Still very difficult...

Paula30CWR Mon 26-Sep-11 09:23:16

I have the same problem. I would like to find a sort of pay as you go nursery as my job is very flexible but nothing. I guess I will see how I do.
I'm based in East Sheen and there are lots of nannies around but my flexibility and type of job means I can have loads tomorrow and nothing next week, which makes it hard for a nursery to want to take that kind of deal.

Anyway, I hope you are lucky. I will try to manage between naps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now