Talk

Advanced search

Search Engine Optimisation

(5 Posts)
WannabeNigella Wed 24-Aug-11 19:44:57

Hi,
Just wondered if anybody had any advice on ensuring your website appeared on first page or two of Google? I am using Google Adwords but my product is fairly low value so it is working out very expensive so I'm looking for alternatives.
Thanks

thisisyesterday Wed 24-Aug-11 19:49:18

will send DP in this direction later. he likes SEO quite a lot. His own website is third if you google his name (underneath a random person with same name, and his google profile page) and he doesn't even sell anything. Just rambles about computer stuff confused so he must know summat about it!

unfortunately he is out right now hosting Web Analytics Wednesday hmm

oh the life he leads!

WannabeNigella Wed 24-Aug-11 19:56:12

Ha!

Thanks thisisyesterday, that would be great.

bluehorizon Wed 24-Aug-11 21:16:07

If you google it it's all out there. Google themselves have plenty of good advice about what to do and what not to do. Spend a day looking around online and implement as many suggestions as you can and it should help enormously. It isn't instantaneous - may take a few weeks to start to show results.
I really suggest researching it yourself as you actually have to graft at it, and keep on doing so ad infintum, so unless you pay someone you might as well get in there and become your own expert.

TalkinPeace2 Wed 24-Aug-11 21:40:44

there was a thread a month or two ago where adwords and SEO got fairly thoroughly chewed over ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now