Talk

Advanced search

Sage Instant Payroll users?

(9 Posts)
skorpion Mon 22-Aug-11 10:07:22

I have SIP v 12 but without support so they won't talk to me... It's stuck at last tax year. Won't print monthly P32 although processing everything seems fine. Any ideas how I can get it to roll into current year? Last year end seemed to complete OK but am worried it won't work this year.

Thanks

TracyK Mon 22-Aug-11 17:01:29

Have you run the year end routine to push it into 11-12?
Have you electronically submitted to IR the year end returns? I'm fairly sure you will need to pay for the support for payroll - I think the changes during the year may need program updates.

mranchovy Mon 22-Aug-11 23:55:55

I don't think it works unless you pay the extortionate annual fee - it's not really 'support', its 'if you don't pay this you can't use the software'. Sage really do not deserve to get away with it IMHO.

Switch to MoneySoft (£55 a year) or MyPAYE (£1 per employee per month).

skorpion Tue 23-Aug-11 12:37:38

I got this version last year having used an ancient one I inherited from the client's bookkeeper before. Worked fine the first year end and then the same happened at the next year end. I do manual updates for all the rates etc and this seems to work fine. It's just the year is stuck and it's annoying that you need to pay for yet another version just for that.

Mranchovy, I agree. Do the packages you are suggesting print payslips? I also use HMRC's own CR-Rom for another client and apart from no payslips it works well (payroll not complicated). And it's free!

TracyK Tue 23-Aug-11 13:46:48

Can you manually change the year into 11-12 in the parameters?

skorpion Tue 23-Aug-11 15:28:15

TracyK, nope, won't let me...

TracyK Tue 23-Aug-11 16:33:19

Take a backup of your data and then try and run the year end again and see if there are any error messages that come up - maybe a quick one that you may have missed the first time round?

TracyK Tue 23-Aug-11 16:34:10

Or there is www.sageforum.co.uk which you could ask for help from.

skorpion Tue 23-Aug-11 16:45:56

Ooh, great, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now