Talk

Advanced search

What do you think? Honestly

(4 Posts)
Onlywee Tue 16-Aug-11 22:02:48

Hi folks
just new to this but thought you all would be great to give me your honest opinion.
I'm hoping to start my own business from home initially based on children's parties.
I would like to supply the party wear (cups, plates, pinatas etc) based on children's themes eg tinkerbell etc and also provide child friendly buffet food which is appealing and funky. My idea is to provide this for parties of say 10 children, 20 children etc whatever suits and would be delivered to the house or venue of those having the party.
The idea behind it is that it can be difficult/time-consuming to find decent party items for children and also that it's hard work buying all the food and trying to make something children would like.
Any advice, suggestions would gratefully be appreciated.
Thank you so much xxxx

ChippingIn Tue 16-Aug-11 22:06:04

So - it would just be the 'catering' that you are doing

Would you be there to put it out and clean up after or would you just drop the supplies off?

Would you be doing goody bags/balloons etc

lifeistooshort Tue 16-Aug-11 22:12:04

Honestly? I don't think your offering is of much added value to be honest. In addition I looked at the birthday party market myself with a view to create an innovative type of parties not on the market. I genuinely believe that my idea is fab and unique but the birthday party market is so saturated there doens't seem much point to go into it at the moment.

Good luck though. I always admire people who are enterprising. If you are serious about the party business though I would work harder on fine tuning your concept

Onlywee Tue 16-Aug-11 22:18:51

Thanks folks. I was hoping to supply the birthday supplies incl goody bags etc and the food. I would set it up but wouldn't clear up afterwards. It's true what they say you can have a good idea but doesn't necessarily make it a good business x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now