Talk

Advanced search

Work from home

(4 Posts)
charl2503 Wed 10-Aug-11 15:50:58

I was made redundant recently and have just had another baby. I can't afford childcare costs but we can't afford to survive on one income either. Does anyone have any ideas of work I can do from home? Everything I've researched seems to be mainly scams. I don't really have much work experience, except working in a sales based call centre.

Any advice would really be appreciated smile

EmmaF83 Mon 29-Aug-11 14:40:37

Hi, I've only just seen your post but just wanted to say i know how you feel, i'm currently on maternity leave and not sure if i'm going back to work due to childcare costs etc but can't really afford not too either :-(
But I have recently become a Scentsy Independent Consultant, I sell a safe alternative to scented candles (and more launching in Sept) which are safe arouund children and pets and are also not a fire hazard as no flame. Scentsy is offically the fastest growing direct sales company in history so now is a great time to join as its at ground floor level here in the UK. There are no set areas and you work the business how you want. If you would like further information please just PM me or look me up at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Emma-Fryers-Independent-Scentsy-Consultant/223679307679951 or https://safewickfreescents.scentsy.co.uk
I hope this helps a little and gives you something to think about
Emma :-)

covkimbo Tue 30-Aug-11 14:31:40

Message deleted

Prunella79 Thu 01-Sep-11 20:09:31

If your skills are up to it i recommend taking in people's clothing alterations - even if it's as simple as just turning hems there is so much work out there - i didn't advertise, just put a sign in my window and eventually had to take it down to curb the interest, put up rates and started turning people away.
it's kind of a pleasant occupation too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now