Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what are the first steps I need to do to start my own business?

(5 Posts)
OnlyWantsOne Thu 04-Aug-11 09:31:03

Ive done my research, I have a business idea - now where do I go from here?

There is nothing like it around here -- its a retail business idea with an eco twist

Limy Thu 04-Aug-11 10:16:55

Have you contacted Business Link? They have helped my dad with info, he has also been a a few free business courses that have helped his understanding with accounts etc. Good Luck

DollyTwat Thu 04-Aug-11 10:21:58

Business link are being cut in nOvember so if you want one if their 3 day courses you need to book it now it's £100
Fab course, I have a great idea for a business but once I did my figures and worked out my profit would be less than minimum wage I've changed my business plan.
Good luck!

TheFarSide Thu 04-Aug-11 10:25:15

Business Link seem to have a good reputation - but as others have said this service is being chopped, so check them out soon. They have a business plan on their website. There are people at HMRC who give free advice on tax and so on - again, some of these services are being closed down.

Good luck!

TalkinPeace2 Fri 05-Aug-11 16:23:35

This was written for ebayers but the vast bulk of it is generally applicable ....
cgi3.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=talkinpeace
and this is a useful board
www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=fe597ff8bcaa8fb17efa0412da4588db&f=55

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now