Talk

Advanced search

Moving overseas- no UK address , can i still keep company open?

(7 Posts)
kippersandjam Sat 30-Jul-11 13:30:22

I have a very small company that I run from home with no employees. We will be moving to Dubai very soon for goodness knows how long, so I won't have a UK address (we don't own a home in the UK ). Can I still keep the company open? or will it have to be closed? thanks!

TalkinPeace2 Sat 30-Jul-11 21:03:52

Use your accountant's address?

Tee2072 Sat 30-Jul-11 21:17:50

Use your accountant's or solicitor's address.

kippersandjam Sat 30-Jul-11 21:47:03

i don't have an accountant or solicitor. i am able to do the books myself and have only used a solicitor for selling a house! i expect they will charge loads anyway. have been thinking will probably close it.

mranchovy Sat 30-Jul-11 22:18:07

Assuming this company is registered in England and Wales, it must have a registered address in one of those countries and the statutory books of the company must be available for inspection at that address (or another single address in England and Wales nominated for that purpose).

Many organisations provide a registered address and mail forwarding service for fees of £35 a year upwards - use google, but check that they will keep copies of the stat. books for (largely hypothetical) inspection too as some won't, or will charge £££ extra.

kippersandjam Sun 31-Jul-11 05:39:32

thank you mr anchovy- do you know if it will matter at companies house that as I am director and my dp is c/s we don't live in the UK? and what about the bank? will it matter? I still complete self assement forms, which I now realise I need to notify hmrc i am out of the country.

mranchovy Sun 31-Jul-11 17:56:55

Directors of companies registered in England and Wales or Scotland are not required to have a UK address.

However I think you are mad not to get an accountant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now