Talk

Advanced search

Usborne books- good idea?

(8 Posts)
Lexiejack Tue 28-Jun-11 22:23:36

Hi I'm looking into this selling usborne books but was wanting to know of anyone has done this and whether it's worth it or not? Im a single mum of 2 so could do with the extra income

MrsJamin Wed 29-Jun-11 05:40:51

I've bought a book before through usbourne but to be honest I wouldn't buy from a seller again as you can get the whole range on amazon for less than rrp. I don't understand how it's a viable business model. Is there something you could make instead of a franchise?

covkimbo Wed 29-Jun-11 11:21:17

Message deleted

Lexiejack Wed 29-Jun-11 20:05:20

What company did u find? If u don't mind me asking!!!

covkimbo Thu 30-Jun-11 09:40:12

Message deleted

bacon Thu 30-Jun-11 12:33:29

This subject has been done recently. But no one could come up with figures.

I dont see an easy answer to this needing a bit of extra cash, if there was we'd all be up for it.

Considering you'd need to find babysitter, fuel, outlay etc I would question it also dont forget if you are receiving tax credits be warned its an income.

I was paying my cleaner £10ph so £30 for 3 hrs work was pretty good. I would consider something like this - work in shop, bar, babysit (£6.50ph) over anything like this.

pantaloons Thu 30-Jun-11 12:38:18

I think I would be wary of Usborne as they are available for such a big discount at places like The Book People. I know I never buy directly from Usborne agents for this reason.

My friend sells Jamie at Home and has made this a really busy business for herself. She has women who "work" for her now and takes a percentage of their sales as well as her own. I don't know exact figures but it might be worth looking at.

GoingLoopyLou Thu 30-Jun-11 19:58:47

Previous thread here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now