Talk

Advanced search

Am confused about how to organise my finances

(5 Posts)
topsi Wed 22-Jun-11 15:28:31

Hi I am currently employed on a part time basis. I am in negotiation with another company about working for them part time, I am also setting up another project on a self employed basis one day a week.
Would I be better off setting up my own company and being self employed for all three.
At what point is it worth employing an accountant and book keeper to help out with the tax etc??
I guess being employed is more secure although I dont get any sick pay or other perks really with the job.
I am giving myself a head ache trying to sort it all out!
If I employ an accountant and then nothing really takes off then I will be left with a huge accountant fee and not enough income to cover it.
Help someone please give me a few words of advice please.

TalkinPeace2 Wed 22-Jun-11 16:46:08

Written for ebayers but generally applicable
cgi3.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=talkinpeace

topsi Wed 22-Jun-11 17:04:19

thanks talkinpeace2 it is a mine field!

Watersign76 Wed 22-Jun-11 22:20:36

My account is £250 for preparing my accounts, based on me doing the paperwork, but at least I know she'll ensure my return etc is right. It sounds complicated, I'd seriously consider getting somebody on yourside.

wingandprayer Wed 22-Jun-11 22:40:35

I have run my business as a both a freelancer and limited company over the last 8 years depending on my situation and their tax position at the time. I would strongly suggest you see a local reputable accountant ASAP and get some advice. Mine has more than paid for himself over the years. Limited company may be easier in your position tax wise, but accountancy fees higher for company so depends on your level of earnings.

Most accountants should offer a bit of up front advice and be able to
confirm their fees. If in doubt who to go to, ask your favourite local independent company who they use - good accountant means well run business!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now