Talk

Advanced search

music classes for pre school business, help and advice please!

(8 Posts)
monkeybananas Tue 21-Jun-11 22:57:12

I'm a mum to a 22mnth old, qualified primary teacher with a degree in music and was thinking of buying a franchise when a fabulous friend said "you're qualified, set up yourself" so, that's the plan, to set up music classes for pre school in Glasgow North but, I need some help and advice... first steps? basic start up costs? realistic take home income?
Thanks for your help

cleverything Tue 21-Jun-11 22:58:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

monkeybananas Wed 22-Jun-11 07:28:32

I've enquired about 2 of the franchises and they don't seem to give a huge amount away and I'm pretty sure what they do say is best case scenario and I'm more interested in being realistic about it. what I have found out though is it will cost be about 10/11 grand for the franchise blush

tinytalker Wed 22-Jun-11 22:50:02

I am an ex primary teacher too and although I was more than qualified i went with a franchise. Despite being a fab smile teacher I had never run my own business and being a mum of 2 soon to be 3 I didn't want the hassle of lesson planning resource finding etc. It has worked for me, I have been running my classes for nearly 8yrs now. Mine has an element of music but is signing based. Google TinyTalk and PM me if you want to ask any questions, I can be frank and upfront. By the way mine was no way near 10K, way less than half of that!!!

monkeybananas Thu 23-Jun-11 19:24:55

oh fabulous! thank you for the message- I will most definately be in touch. smile
congratulations btw!

Adair Tue 28-Jun-11 21:05:05

Hi I am a teacher, hoping to set up a youth theatre in the local area (we are East London). I want to do it myself so that I can be in control of philosophy etc but it is scary! Would be happy to share business plans- not done yet/support etc. PM me if you want to chat.

catmilburn Fri 15-Jul-11 20:19:51

Hi.
I was a teacher, and afterhaving my kids, looked into buying a fanchaise, but I started my own pre school music business!
i got some shakers, bells, CD's and puppets, and i have been sucessful for 4 years now!!
Because you are a teacher, schools will snap you up, to take their pre schoolers once a week, for music, as the teacher canm go off on PPA time.
Don't buy a fanchaise! do it yourself, then you can plan your own sessions, to fit in with the groups you deliver to, using your teaching skills!

pugsandseals Mon 25-Jul-11 19:49:43

How about music for little people? Headed by somebody much more qualified than your average Jo Jingles etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now