Talk

Advanced search

Anyone recommend download to keep accounts for Ltd Co?

(4 Posts)
PermaShattered Thu 16-Jun-11 16:25:49

Can anyone suggest a good but simple free accounting programme/download for keeping simple/basic accounts for my new Limited Company? Thanks!

TalkinPeace2 Thu 16-Jun-11 16:28:09

good accounts programmes are not free
www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=fe597ff8bcaa8fb17efa0412da4588db&f=55

mollymole Thu 16-Jun-11 16:32:22

good accounts programmes are not free - ask your accountant what he wants you to do as this will save you money when it comes to your annual a/cs etc
for our limited company i use a self balancing cash book on excel your accountant will show you how to do this
and simple monthly records of invoices out/ cash received from these it is easy to prepare quarterly vat returns etc
HMR&C do an excellent FREE wages download and it links in at the PAYE year end

Lizcat Fri 17-Jun-11 19:16:09

I use a simple excel spreadsheet that I balance for the simple straight forward set of business accounts. For the complex business (it does employ 15 staff) I have a book keeper working for me who uses Sage. I do know that when we switch from ledgers to Sage which meshes straight with our accountants software we saved over £1000 in accountancy fees the first year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now