Talk

Advanced search

Media Parents & Is it possible to part time as Producer?

(2 Posts)
EugenieM Wed 08-Jun-11 16:57:02

Hi,

Has anyone joined Media Parents and found work from it?

I'm a Producer (documentary mainly, done a doco feature before my children were born - but been out of work for three years and looking to get back in).

Also is it possible to tout wares as a producer/or in-house bod for only three days a week ? Or is this just not that attractive to companies?

I'm not sure I want to work full time with two under two.

Any thoughts or advice most appreciated.

X

culturemulcher Thu 09-Jun-11 10:46:55

I haven't joined MediaParents but I get their facebook mailings. People I know have got work from it. As for working part-time, it's a tough one, isn't it?

I work part-time from home for a big Indie, but I have had to step back from programme making, although I do help out sometimes with productions in a Dev. Prod. role. I know quite a few Development Producers who work part time, but I haven't come across a part-time Producer/DP.

Skillset (ITF??) have started a new course aimed at people just like you/us - women wanting to get back into the industry after having DCs. It's called Creative People Women Returners' Workshop (aka, confusingly, as Reviewing Your Career Options). It's well run, gives lots of food for thought and there's a lot of practical help you can tap into after the course too. Worth looking into.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now